Starting or Moving a
Business in Bellmawr
When starting or moving your business in Bellmawr:After you have found a potential location, the first step is to call the Zoning Official, Jim Burleigh, at 856-933-1286 or email JBurleigh@bellmawr.com to retrieve the zoning information for the property location.
Depending on the type of business, it may have to go before the Planning/Zoning Board. Please check the community calendar for the appropriate meeting schedules.
- If this building is staying “as is” with no construction work being done, a Business CO must be submitted to the Construction Office. This form can also be obtained in the Construction Office.
- The fee is $125. The Code Enforcement/Zoning Official must conduct an inspection after the CO fee is paid.
- Inspections are conducted on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the morning at a specific timeframe.
- Fire registration form —REQUIRED FOR EVERY BUSINESS
- If the building is to have construction work done, the proper permits need to be submitted to the Construction Office. Once the permits have been issued, work can begin and inspections must be called in. Since the subcode inspectors need to issue a final inspection (Certificate of Occupancy), the Business CO form is NOT required.
- An application for a Mercantile license application must be submitted to Tina Johnson at the Borough Hall. Once the license is granted, your business will be listed under the Business Listings portion of Bellmawr.com.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Construction Office: 856-933-1286
- Tina Johnson, Mercantile License Official: 856-931-7284
If you provide an e-mail address on your mercantile license application, you will receive a notice when future Bellmawr Business Alliance meetings are scheduled. You will also receive notice by mail, and it will also be posted to our website.
PUBLIC DOCUMENTS & FORMS